30A panel/ 50A service question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_rogers

Reaction score
I'm in the process of building a 30 Amp ebiab controller, that should be done in the next few weeks!
I had an electrician wire a new spa panel to my back patio and I went out the other day and realized it's actually a 50A GFCI breaker which I think is the more standard option for hot tubs. My question is: are there any things I need to worry about if I want to run my 30A setup off this 50A setup?

Thanks in advance!

I'm in the process of building a 30 Amp ebiab controller, that should be done in the next few weeks!
I had an electrician wire a new spa panel to my back patio and I went out the other day and realized it's actually a 50A GFCI breaker which I think is the more standard option for hot tubs. My question is: are there any things I need to worry about if I want to run my 30A setup off this 50A setup?

Thanks in advance!
If the element current paths in your controller use 6AWG wire, then you are all set. If you use the more normal (for 30A) 10AWG wire, then you should add fuses or breakers where (or upstream of) the wire size is reduced.

Brew on :mug:

I'll have to double-check my wire gauge. When the power comes into the brew controller I have a 30amp breaker as the first destination before electrifying anything else.

Latest posts

Back