First time brewing inebriated!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weezy

Reaction score
Well, a fellow from work is leaving for an extended period so we went to happy hour. Dammed Twohearted Ale was calling my name.

so I'm grinding my grain. I swear the Crystal 10 is growing in size after passing through the mill!

its a French table beer. Abv should be 4%, but given my state this might end up a porter!

Cheers!
(Now for a refill of that DFH90 clone I have on tap)

I started laughing before I opened the thread. Lolol. My cousin is usually tanked when he brews and they have come out OK. Good luck lolol.

When I brewed an IPA two weeks ago I was drunk on twohearted as welll. I think it went okay. either way, brewing sober is sinful.

You know, I think about drinking while brewing the same as drinking while fixing something on the car. Having a couple seems to make things work out all right. You don't think about what needs to be done, you just know it needs to be done and you get to it. But getting plastered while doing either of them carries its own risk and tends to not work out so well.

You can't be that drunk if you spelled inebriated right.

haha! true...but thanks to recommended words on the smartphone. You start typing "blakzxfvgdfjkn" and it pulls out "inebriated" from that.

It ended up a good session! I was 2 points low on the OG, which I'll chock up to my "these whole grains will convert...no problem" attitude.

The only thing I didn't do was freeze some of the yeast from the starter....I couldn't be bothered. It all went in the carboy. And I didn't clean til this morning. I got everything taken apart and soaking and such before I went to bed, but nothing scrubbed.

And I didn't clean til this morning. I got everything taken apart and soaking and such before I went to bed, but nothing scrubbed.

That is every brew day for me. I hate the clean up so much that sometimes it will sit in a oxyclean soak for a couple of days before I muster the courage to get to it. Cleaning sucks. I need to get someone else to do it.

Oh, and most of the time after brewing its difficult to operate simple household items such as sinks and scrub brushes. I'm sure that plays into it. :drunk:

I helped a buddy brew 3 weeks ago and last week when I went over for a party there was still the 5gal bucket of sanitizer with all of the brew utensils sitting in it just where we tossed them that day. I'm bachelor who avoids cleaning, but it's easier to wash them while still wet than to have to sandblast off the dried on stuff.

I helped a buddy brew 3 weeks ago and last week when I went over for a party there was still the 5gal bucket of sanitizer with all of the brew utensils sitting in it just where we tossed them that day. I'm bachelor who avoids cleaning, but it's easier to wash them while still wet than to have to sandblast off the dried on stuff.

That's a bit too long IMO. Even I get to it in less than a week. :-D

Back