IPA......on crack!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LegitBrew

Reaction score
So....I just ordered my spring batch of hops, and am about to start dropping 10 gallon hop bombs all over the place. So far, I have at least a pound each of:
Centennial, Columbus, Simcoe, Warrior, Nelson Sauvin, Sorachi Ace, Summit, Palisade, Motueka, Amarillo, and Falconers. Question: What's the most varieties you have ever mixed into a single IPA? I am geeking out on these hops and something is telling me I should probably go ahead and make an IPA that includes ALL of them. Muahahahaha! Also, anyone know where to buy any Galaxy by the pound?

Most I've done in a single IPA is 4. Not very adventurous but I usually try to highlight with one and compliment with the others. Experiment away! You've got the hops for it!

Ohh, have 2 lbs of Citra as well. womp womp! Yeah, I think 5 or so is the most I've ever done. At first glance I am thinking possibly a Warrior bittered, centennial/simcoe midway, palisade/light citra whirpool, dry hop combo mix of amarillo, motueka, and sorachi thrown on a 7% ABV 2-row, dash of munich, light crystal (20ish), and carapils/carahell base might be heaven. LOVE motueka/amarillo combo dry hop aroma (last entered pale ale made with such scored a combined 42) Never used sorachi before but from what I read sounds like would fit well with those two. No clue what to do with Nelson, just figured I should probably have some with all the hype :)

Citra and Nelson are crazy "hop bombs" in a sense that they tend to drown out other hops. Watch you ratio on these when u want to highlight lighter aromatic hops like sorachi or the tangerine of amarillo.

SMaSH (single malt,single hop) brews helped alot for me on how to identify different hop characteristics.

Pretty much have all my favorites....do a continuously hopped IPA for a 90 minute boil add some every minute

Most I've done is 6. Millennium northern brewer citra cascade horizon and centennial...To clone the Deschutes River Inversion IPA. I'm interested in a falconers and Columbus and citra combo. Maybe throw some cascade in there too! Dunno how my clone came out yet, bottling in 7 days or thereabouts...hell yeah throw em all in there! 80+ IBUs is where it's at!!

SC_Ryan said:
That's a damn good idea.

Haha! I was thinking the same thing today, as that's gotta be the backbone to the stone ipa and ruination as far as malt profiles go (idid yeast strains for sure) but their clones are stupid simple. 2 row +hops from what I've seen. Favorite IpA though has got to be Deschutes River Brewery Inversion IPA and then DC Brau Corruption ipA. And then DC Brau "on the wings if Armageddon" IPA...

Back