New from Florida

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeamGotOil

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am new here and new to brewing. I brewed one batch several years ago and was not pleased with how it turned out. But, I think it is time to give it a try again. And, maybe, I can learn more about it here!

Near Lakeland. Between Orlando and Tampa.

I live in Winter Haven but work in Lakeland. Have you gone to the Brass Tap yet? I read over 300 beers on tap and hundreds more in bottles. I haven't been there yet but plan to stop by soon. We've also got a new microbrewery going in on Lake Mirror and the Craft Brew Co-Op opening up. Lots of great stuff for beer fans. I plan to do tastings at the Brass Tap to decide what recipes I want to use, or use as a base.

There is a local brewing club called the Lakeland Brewers Guild. I haven't met up with them yet but plan to in the near future. They have monthly meetings at the Brass Tap and bring homebrews for others to taste. They're active in the community too doing fund raisers where people make donations to drink their homebrew and they donate the proceeds to charities. Looks like it should be fun.

Let me know if you want to get together for a brew day. I'm going to be out of town camping this weekend and then out of town on vacation for a couple of weeks, but will be doing my first AG batch when I get back. If you're up for it on a Saturday or Sunday you can come over and we can learn together.

Back