Areation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
As in I think I "screwed" up. I areated me wort after I pitched me yeast for about 10 minutes. Too late now. But, not sure if I screwed up. I'm not worried about it. As it is only a gallon. oh well, I guess.

I've had my fish pump run for 2hrs before, aerating the wort. Only so much O2 will be absorbed and after that it's just a waste of time, no biggie. You'll be fine.

When you first pitch your yeast it is in an aerobic state using oxygen to multiply. At this point you can aerate all you want. Once the yeast have multiplied sufficiently then it switches to an anaerobic state and fermentation starts. It is at this point that aeration is a bad idea. This takes a good few hours so you have nothing to worry about.

Even sweeter. Forgot, it takes a few hours or so for actuall frementation. Even less worried. Thank you.

Let not your heart be troubled. You didn't screw up your beer by aerating like you did.

Back