Carbonating with Ball Lock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crosskonaftw

Reaction score
I know this is homebrew forum, but it seems ya'll know the most about carbonating stuff at home.. figured i'd ask..

I just made a set up for carbonating water at home consisting of a co2 tank, regulator and output using a tire valve into a 2 liter bottle filled with water.

The tire valve is a little leaky so i've been thinking about switching to the carbonator cap (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0064OKADS)

My questions are..

1. Does the carbonator connect to a ball lock GAS IN connector, or a LIQUID OUT connector? I looked online and TBH, in the pictures they both look the same to me lol

2. Are ball lock sizes standard, or are there larger/smaller ball locks? If so, what size fits the carbonator cap?

Last edited by a moderator:
1. The cap connects to gas out from the regulator with a standard ball lock gas in line. What you would connect to gas in on a keg.

2. I think they are all standard.

Thank you for your responses, I have ordered the gas in ball lock from a ny brewing supply co, will post pics and results once it comes in :)

Back