Changing Colour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott29

Reaction score
Hi All,

This is my first post (as i just started brewing in the past couple of weeks). I have a Brew Canada kit in with the Canadian Lager. I have just transferred from the primary to the secondary and the top of the beer is starting to change to a dark colour. This could be perfectly normal however I am looking for some reassurance before I panic too much...thanks in advance, seems like a great community I have just become a part of!

Scott

I wouldn't worry, it's probably just your perception. Also the whitish krausen may have fallen in.

If you sanatize and keep your temps right....give the beer enough time in primary and again sanatize...the beer will be great.

Its fine...the lighter color is from stuff (yeast, etc) still in suspension. As it drops out the color will darken...

Don't worry it'll be fine... The color from carboy/bucket to glass is so different it's wild I guess it's a density thing?

The yeast,trub,etc in suspension reflects more light,making it look lighter in color. As all that settles out,it'll look darker. but that's also because of how much beer is in there. It'll look it's normal color in the glass,as the light will have less volume to shine through.

Latest posts

Back