tasted first all grain, nearly dumped it

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FearKnowBeer

Reaction score
I will say the extract beers were good but wow! The brew buddy and I cracked a bottle or two after four weeks and WOW..

We made a patriotic brown ale, with out a doubt the best beer I have made. Someone even asked were we got it. Perfect slightly bitter finish and just absolutely smooth. We almost dumped this beer, it would not start fermenting, and 9 days in I inspected and something furry was in it. Went to dump it 3 days later and discovered a thick Krausen. Decided to let it go. Two weeks later it smelled a bit funky but figured what the hey bottle it I could dump it later. 4 weeks later and its amazing. We were almost drawing straws until it poured. Clear dark brown with a inch thick almost stark white head.

Thanks to the people who talked me into letting it finish. I only hope my next beer comes out this good.

Great job! I think we put a lot more thought into this then is necassary, once its in the fermenter just let it go and see what happens.

Back