Beer snack - Chechil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Incredibob

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm totally addicted to kickstarter, and I came across a project to fund a pub snack called chechil. I'm in no way associated with this, except for that I want to see if succeed since it sounds DELICIOUS. Since it is a beer related food, I thought people around here might be interested.

What is Chechil?

Chechil is a smoked, salty, braided string cheese that is enjoyed by beer drinkers and enthusiasts across the globe. It originated in Armenia and is very popular in countries such as Russia, Kazakhstan, Singapore, as well as many other Eastern European countries.

Chechil is made from pasteurized cow milk and is low in fat. It's taste is salty, very chewy, and with a smoky flavor to it. Its consistency is firm and smooth. The cheese strings are tied together in braids, and when un-braided and peeled, there becomes many individual hair-like strings that are so thin that they can easily pass through an eye of a needle. Chechil is an all natural product with no chemicals or preservatives and it is very fibrous and healthy. The shelf life of Chechil is 3 months.

The project isn't gathering much funding at this point, but if it doesn't succeed the creator is looking at trying again with a lower goal and sourcing secondary funding. If you think it sounds good, check it out and throw it a backing if you're interested!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chechilusa/chechil-usa-smoked-salty-string-cheese-beer-snack

And if anyone has ever tried this stuff (it supposedly popular around the world), let us know what you think of it. I've never tried it myself.

Sounds a lot like string cheese which is very popular in Wisconsin. Comes in ropes that can be peeled off in strings and is fairly salty. I believe I've seen a smoked version as well.

Iv'e eaten Armenian string cheese for years, i can find it in pretty much any supermarket in the area, it's quite good but i don't think it's a new idea, but then i am in a major market.

and...

-abandon-thread.jpg

Latest posts

Back