Possible refridgerators to convert to a kegerator/fermentation chamber.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wagner3430

Reaction score
I am interested in getting a side by side fridge. What I need to know is it possible to convert one so I have a tap on the freezer side and use the fridge as a fermentation chamber?

Anything is possible! I wouldn't know how to begin that conversion, but I would be willing to bet many on here would. DIY forum is probably best source for the required know how.

I would like to join this thread as I just started brewing and in order to keep my fermentation temperature at 70-72F I have to set my apartment AC to around 68...Is there no solution on the market that would work as a fermentation chamber (for both lagers and ales or at least to keep a stable temperature for ales)? I only found DIY projects so far :/

I would like to join this thread as I just started brewing and in order to keep my fermentation temperature at 70-72F I have to set my apartment AC to around 68...Is there no solution on the market that would work as a fermentation chamber (for both lagers and ales or at least to keep a stable temperature for ales)? I only found DIY projects so far :/

grze, the easiest commercial fermentation chamber is a mini-fridge (make sure it'll fit your fermenter and an airlock/blowoff) plus a ranco or other temperature controller. Done and done.

thanks adman, good point with the airlock...I didn't think about that :) I think this is what I'm going to set up. Thanks!

thanks adman, good point with the airlock...I didn't think about that :) I think this is what I'm going to set up. Thanks!

If an attractive mini-fridge solution proved to be too short to fit an airlock stuffed in the fermenter, I have seen folks strap the airlock to the side of the vessel and run tubing from a stopper in the vessel mouth to the airlock. Worked just fine...

Cheers!

Back