Spicy Tuna Pairings (Sushi + Beer)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnyhitch1

Reaction score
Like the title says...
Always been a fan of a good fresh spicy tuna roll and recently found a place near me that does it GOOD and SPICY only problem is all they have are those jap pilsners that are decent. Just not my cup of tea when i have a great meal.

So where doing take out tnite instead and im looking for the perfect brew to pair it with.

Any suggestions on styles or brews available in NY??
I know IPAs would pair well against the spicyness just looking for others experience with sushi and beer

Cheers!

I don't eat sushi but I would speculate that Sorachi Ace from Brooklyn Brewery would pair well. :mug:

maybe its just the place i go to, but i love a corona with lime with my sushi. Although i was drinking a Corona the first time i ever tried sushi so maybe its a mental thing for me. Otherwise i really enjoy sake with it. Ive read on here alot of people like IPA's with sushi and spicy thai food.

I'm probably a day late here, but aside from the obvious IPA as you had stated, I would suggest a nice Belgian Trippel. You should be able to get Allagash there, and their Trippel is pretty good. Ommegang's Trippel Perfection gets good reviews and should be available for you I assume, but I personally have not had it.

This being said, any nicely hopped American style IPA would pair well as well.

Enjoy!

x2 on sorachi ace..... Totally gettable in NY and goes well with not only spicy food but also the slight fatty mouthfeel that one gets from tuna. I can personally attest to the pairing :)

A good Pilsner (Prima Pils, Trumer) is wonderful with spicy Asian food. The snappiness of the hops helps cut through the spice and the overall refreshing quality compliments spicy food.

Something nice & hoppy, but not too bitter, like New Belgium's "Hoppybock" would work well, but then I drink Moose Drool with sushi cuz that's the best they have where I go. Regards, GF.

Wait, headbanger you dont eat sushi!?

I would think a heffe would be nice with spicy tuna... not sure why.

Latest posts

Back