Imperial stout is at 1.014 but the valve is still active...are we ready to bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elysium

Reaction score
The gravity seems to be okay for bottling.....I'll check it in 3 days time again. However, the airlock is still active...like 3-4 minutes/bubbling. Am I okay to start bottling the beer?

Thanks.

The airlock bubbling doesn't necessarily mean that the beer is still fermenting. The temperature could be changing, CO2 could be coming out of solution, etc. If your sample in 3 days is the same, you are safe to bottle.

Wait until the gravity doesn't change for 3 days in a row. Easy as that.

That pretty low for a imperial stout, what was your OG? How long had out been in the primary? I always give my imperial stouts, and huge beers a good month in the primary.

Check it again, as you already planned. If it's the same, you can bottle. However, make sure you've let it sit long enough for the yeast to clean up after themselves. Much more happens in the last few days of the fermentation process than simply converting sugars to alcohol.

Latest posts

Back