Looking for a summer recipe or two

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cazamodo

Reaction score
I may be getting hopeful, but the sun may come out soon, and I would like to have some beer ready for it!
I'm looking for one recipe to bottle, to take out when it's nice, and another to keg in a corny for when I have the annual BBQ at mine.

Now I'd like to try a nice paleish ale, which is nice and fruity. Some citra/chinook hops maybe, but Ive never really made one of these before. I dont want it to be a complete hop bomb, but just have a nice freshness to it.

The second I want to try is a kind of witbeer, thats nice and orangy/grapefruity, and lovely and smooth.

Not sure which I would like to bottle or keg, but anyone have any ideas or recipes that seem to fit these?

Well, I think I found a Wit that I will bottle.

T1mjv wrote:
I got the idea from this blog.
http://www.fermentarium.com/homebrewing ... -wit-beer/
But I altered things a little following is the recipe I did last and it was one of the best Ive made so far served ice cold it was fantastic .

lengh 40 lts

Wheat malt 4660 gms
Lager malt 1990gms
Vienna malt 880 gms (no reason for this other than it needed using up)
Golden naked oats 500 gms. Boiled on the stove then added to the mash .(any oats will do I had these in stock)

90 minute mash at 68*c I like a bit of body in my beers.

Do a mash out and keep the temp up as with all the wheat/oats it is a sticky mash. You may like to add rice hulls !
You probably know all this about wheatbeers !!

Cascade 51gms for 90 min boil
then for the last 15 mins of the boil:
1 teaspoon of crushed corriander seeds and
1 tablespoon of wheat flour to keep a haze in the beer and
zest of three limes

Aurura and Santiam a handful each, steep after temp down to 80*c (bobek is also good adds citrus)

Fermented with the afore-mentioned BrewLab witbeer yeast.

Now for a beer to keg...

Back