Gravity reading confusion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salb29

Reaction score
I took gravity readings on three diff beers yesterday--la petite orange--northern brewer beginning gravity 1.054,imperial blonde ale that has been sitting on 6lbs of strawberries og--1.071brewers best and a red ale--brewers best og--1.046

My question-- the gravites all came out at 1.012 at 55 degrees---a whole other story why it fell to that but I assure u it fermented for 2 weeks in the range of 64--68

I took gravity readings again today thought it might of been to cold and the temp now is in the 60's and the same readings came out,

I also tested in just water and the reading came out to 1.002 so two points off but that would still mean that on these three beers the final gravity is identical, does that seem right?

Sure, it's totally possible all the beers finished at the same gravity, nothing to be concerned about

Back