Anyone Have A Floor Corker In AZ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vox

Reaction score
Hey all. I have my first batch of wine ready to bottle in a couple of weeks and the lhbs here in AZ basically told me a floor corker would save me a lot of time and frustration as It's a pain to use the manual corker. So... Does anyone in the Phoenix area have a floor corker they wouldn't mind sharing or renting if needs be to cork my first wine totalling 30 bottles? I generally brew cider, but wanted to make some Chardonnay for my parents. Message me if you can help. Any wine bottling tips appreciated as well. I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

You're fine w/ a hand corker..it's no more effort than using a hand capper on cider/beer (and they're only about $10).

As far as tips...a helper makes a big difference!! One person filling while the other corks.

Which LHBS do you use? The guys over at What Ale's Ya in Glendale are great.

While it's true a hand corker will work just fine... a floor corker is REALLY nice. I would definitely recommend getting one, even if you just rent it.

Hand corker really isn't that bad...used floor corkers are only about 25 bucks.

You're fine w/ a hand corker..it's no more effort than using a hand capper on cider/beer (and they're only about $10).

As far as tips...a helper makes a big difference!! One person filling while the other corks.

Which LHBS do you use? The guys over at What Ale's Ya in Glendale are great.

I mostly go to Brew Your Own Brew, but have been to all the shops in the valley. If a hand corker will work. I will just do that. Don't know that I plan to make much wine. I mainly make cider and Apfelwein.

Ah, fellow Arizonians!! The floor corker is great, but if you don't plan on making lots of wine, I would just use the hand corker. I am not a big fan of Brew Your Own Brew, but maybe it's just the one here in Tucson that's worthless lol.

Latest posts

Back