Dutch Beer Week- Try a fellow HBTer's beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dinnerstick

Reaction score
Dutch beer week (23 may - 2 june... a bit more than a week but whatever) is coming, if anyone happens to be around Netherlands way. Bars will feature interesting local stuff from the growing craft beer scene, and breweries have extra tours and that kind of thing. My beer will be served in Utrecht's main beer bar, Kafe Belgie, starting on sunday 27 may. Only one keg so i don't know how long it will last, but if anyone is around try my beer! It's an IDA (international dark ale!)... err, black ipa, called inktvis ipa (inktvis = ink fish = squid). My 'brewery' is called Brouwerij De Kromme Haring. Might have some bottles of other brews at one or two other places, PM me if you around! Thanks!

Sounds good, wish I could check it out. I sometimes travel to the Netherlands for work, but won't be there for Dutch Beer Week. It does look like I'll be there around the time of the Borefts beer fest at De Molen - looking forward to that!

borefts festival is great and the lineup looks very promising again this year! pm me if you are ever in utrecht i can point you in the direction of interesting beers.

that's right, HBT member's beer between la chouffe and de konnick, as if those upstarts can compete with me! keg is empty, lasted a mere few hours....

belg1.jpg

belg5.jpg

How did you convince the owners to put your beer up there? How did the customers like it? Did they know it was not a commercial brew?

Shame I didn't have time to go België on Sunday, I wanted to try out your beer. Good for you the keg kicked so quickly I guess :mug:

i trade beers with the manager there so they asked for a keg of this particular beer for the special promotion. i think most people hadn't had that type of beer before, and many were completely unfamiliar with tropical fruity hops, so they seemed really impressed. the management declared it a big success anyways! i think people knew it wasn't commercial but not sure if they knew the specifics

Back