broken brinkmann turkey fryer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VonRunkel

Reaction score
I received a brinkmann fryer/burner combo for my birthday a couple months back and imagine my surprise when I went to brew with it and it refused to stay lit without me holding the little red gas cutoff valve.

I am waiting on a response from the company, but does anyone here have any ideas on what could be wrong and how to fix it? I am leaving towards this one little valve being a dud, but I am open to other ideas.

Thanks

If your burner looks like one of these
815-4001-S-l.jpg

you could try pulling the two leads from the Temperature Shutoff Sensor (it's at the top of the burner, above the red button) and shorting them together to see if the burner will keep running when you let go of the button 30 seconds after lighting...

Cheers!

I pulled the leads, but I didn't think of shorting them together. Thanks! I will try that as soon as I can.

Tech support called me back today. It turns out my thermocouple wasn't getting hot enough. I UN-mounted (Paint Your Wagon Reference....) from the body assembly and it is now free floating above the burner and it seems to be working.

Thanks for all your help

Back