Cold ferm temps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salb29

Reaction score
I recently was gone a week came back and my three beers in main fermentor were ranging around 52--56 degrees the la petite orange was on week three in main fermentor, red ale was week three as well and my imperial blonde was more like on week 5 with the added strawberries I added about two weeks ago, something to worry about or am I good? Was going to bottle this weekend thanks

Was it at those low temps the whole 3 weeks +?
Take a gravity reading and see if the FG is what you expected.
You probably have really clean beers if the yeasts did their job in slow motion.

The only way to know for sure is to take a gravity reading.

That being said, I'd be very surprised if they weren't finished. Also, you might want to warm them up to around 65-70 prior to bottling, and GENTLY swirl them to get yeast back into suspension . . . I don't think you'd lose too much if you never dropped below 50, but better safe than sorry. I'd do the swirling about 1 day prior to bottling, just to let it settle again.

They were only at those temps for about 5 days, im pretty sure main fermentation was completed around the two week mark, but ill take gravity readings to see

Latest posts

Back