What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More crazy from NB.

Bottom right = mashtun with water way too hot!

image-853087885.jpg

Touche! Love that quote and the scotch. I think I need o kick it up a notch and join ya. We shall see. Im feelin it already haha :drunk:

That's the best time to kick it into high gear! Until tomorrow comes and your head feels like your brain is trying to make your skull crack open... :tank:

Just poured some Simcoe/Amarillo IPA. I should call it quits after this since I work early tomorrow, but that is no fun so I'm sure I won't

Im overdue for a new phone/decent camera but bear with my one-dimentional interpertation of my Landlord/Innkeeper clone(ish) -my clones always end up ish-ish for some darn reason. Burton yeast as opposed to london ale yeast in this works but Im understanding the character of burton yeast especially some similarities in some commercial beers,its more sessionable than the real deal but I missed my marks pretty good too,but still.It seems somewhat a forgiving recipe and not a bad warmer weather beer as well.Pretty simple recipe too. The evolution of this beer was pretty incredible though over the last month. Each beer I tried was like a different beer each time.Im picking up something different each week or two. Thats what I love about brewing,there is always something new to discover. Whether its new yeast/hops/malt/teqnique or anything...

Im overdue for a new phone/decent camera but bear with my one-dimentional interpertation of my Landlord/Innkeeper clone(ish) -my clones always end up ish-ish for some darn reason. Burton yeast as opposed to london ale yeast in this works,its more sessionable than the real deal but I missed my marks pretty good too,but still.It seems somewhat a forgiving recipe and not a bad warmer weather beer as well.Pretty simple recipe too. The evolution of this beer was pretty incredible though over the last month. Each beer I tried was like a different beer each time.Im picking up something different each week or two. Thats what I love about brewing,there is always something new to discover.

Thats half the fun! Even if a recipe is WAY off mark its great to say "I made this!" The other half is enjoying your homebrew

Thats half the fun! Even if a recipe is WAY off mark its great to say "I made this!" The other half is enjoying your homebrew

Right. And in the end you end up making a completely different beer. And many times just a few differences will do just that.Ive discovered that over and over myself and have rarely had the chance to make an exact clone. I do still want to make a SN pale ale sometime soon,just to see how close I get. Which is one random one Ive been pondering for a few years now. I say that about alot of them though too,like some of my favorate commercial beers. I just end up forgetting and go with a flow of random current inspiration.

Right. And in the end you end up making a completely different beer. And many times just a few differences will do just that.Ive discovered that over and over myself and have rarely had the chance to make an exact clone. I do still want to make a SN pale ale sometime soon,just to see how close I get.

BYO had a recipe from Sierra Nevada a couple of issues ago that is spot on. I made 10 gallons and ws blown away at how close it was. Everyone loved it and thought it was the original. Search it out.

SFGiantsFan925 said:
Found this gem in my "cellar". I like the hop profile and malt profile of this better than my Pliny clone. A lot "cleaner". It's a great beer and super cheap around here.

I just bought 8 bombers at safeway for only about $4.50 each. Great deal for a beer this good

SFGiantsFan925 said:
Found this gem in my "cellar". I like the hop profile and malt profile of this better than my Pliny clone. A lot "cleaner". It's a great beer and super cheap around here.

There was a contest a while back at NB where Lagunitas gave out the recipe for Hop Stoopid and challenged people to clone it.

Where did you find Enjoy By in CT? I haven't been able to find it anywhere I've tried.

sorry, just checked the "members who quoted me" tab

I found it at Harvest Wine and Spirits in West Hartford on Farmington Ave.

They had like 4 cases of them, and I must say after having the first one yesterday, it is quite amazing!

here is the website with address:

http://thewine.tumblr.com/

On my second cup of coffee. Had to make a few calls & pull a couple of strings to reinstate my road hazzard to get my car towed to perf repair shop.
Just waitin on tow truck...

Pipeline ran out. Now im switchin it up, with a glass of, store bought pomegranate wine (tree of life). It's almost a year old, and still good.

Yeah,they have 1 or 2 more brands here in Sheffield Village as well. I don't remember the price,but it's not bad for a real German pils...
It actually tastes like a German lager or other to me.
**I just read the back of the bottle,& besides being fresh (good til 1/5/14),The brewery has been at it since 1436!!

Latest posts

Back