My name is Shred and I'm an alcoholic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shred

Former Microbrewery Founder & Pro Brewer
Reaction score
I spent 4AM-7AM throwing up from, what I believe, was food poisoning. I've eaten nothing all day.

It's almost 5PM and I'm trying to decide what will be my first home brew of the evening.

Thank you for your support. :drunk:

Actually, according to an interview with some doctor in Men's Health, beer is good for settling an upset stomach. I guess I'm not an alcoholic after all. I'm just trying to heal :mug:

Irish Mocha Stout, Raspberry Wheat Champagne Ale, Porter, IPA (and some herbal gruit crap that may or may not be ready). I feel like hops probably have healing properties. Maybe the IPA?

"alcoholics" go to meetings, "drunks" go to the fridge for another.

But to answer your question, in the old days the country remedy for food poisoning was to drink a moderate amount of beer, helps flush the bad stuff out of your system. That in mind best make it a BMC, if it comes back up your not wasting the good stuff.

definitely oscillate between the IPA and the porter. have several of each and don't call me in the morning. bug someone else :mug:

stay away from the Irish Mocha Stout (coffee isn't good for a bad tummy) and the Raspberry Wheat Champagne Ale (because it's a fruit beer, and no one should drink those under any circumstances :cross:).

Back