suggestions for hops in this braggot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwibrew

Reaction score
I’m looking for hopping suggestions on this braggot:
6 gallons
2.5 lbs Light Munich
.75 lbs Dark Munich
.75 lbs Honey Malt
.375 lbs Biscuit Malt
5 lbs Clover Honey
Fermented with S-05.

I want it to have some noticeable hop flavor, but I don’t want the hops to dominate the flavor. I am shooting for OG between 1.05 and 1.055, I do full boil but in 2 pots (a little more than 3.5 gallons initial boil volume in the pot that I hop). So I know hopping rates will have to be upped compared to full boil in one pot. What sounds good to you guys?

You can never go wrong using "C" hops ....

I would bitter with Columbus at 60
Then hit it at 15-10-5-flameout with cascade for aroma

Using brewersfriend.com or beer smith to adjust amounts base on the IBU you are going for

You probably don't need the honey clover with the honey malt you have listed....depends on what you are going for....honey malt will give you sweetness and the honey aroma profile....be careful it's strong stuff....I usually keep at 5-10% of total grist....I would switch you biscuit and honey malt amounts

All actually honey will do is add extra fermentables and boost you ABV which isn't a bad thing IMO

well it can't be a braggot without honey, I'm looking for most of the fermentables to come from the honey, which I know will dry it out, that is why the grain bill is rich and malty.

C hops or English Hops are what I have used in the past for Braggots...

I don't think the "Piney" hops would go well with it...

Latest posts

Back