Hop storage bags

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LovesIPA

Reaction score
I bought the foodsaver attachment for sealing ball jars and I just plain don't like it. Sometimes I have a hard time getting it to vacuum and seal. Maybe I'm just a tard that doesn't know how to use the thing.

I did some googling and came across these: http://www.tedpella.com/storage-boxes-bags_html/bags.htm#139-311

They are resealable, oxygen-barrier bags. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on ordering 12 lbs of hop pellets and I plan on putting the hops in the resealable bags. I went ahead and ordered the large size (7.5 x 8.
75 x 3" ID).

Does anything think it will be a big deal if I open the bags, measure out the hops I need, seal the bag and put them back in the freezer up to 20 times? I'm not going to lose that much to oxidation with such short exposure windows, right?

Ithink the small or medium bags would be better. That way,you get single use sizes & re-openning won't be an issue.

I just use food saver bags. I buy the roll and make it as large as needed to allow for me cutting it open to grab what I need then reseal and pop in the freezer. It seems to work well.

i just use food saver bags. I buy the roll and make it as large as needed to allow for me cutting it open to grab what i need then reseal and pop in the freezer. It seems to work well.

+1

I haven't had any issues with the food saver jar attachment myself, but if I weren't going to use that, I'd probably just use the regular food saver bags. You could use a large food saver bag and reseal it when you're done.

Back