Best brew I've made to date (Epic Zythos Clone APA)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, if you make it, please rate it on my beer blog using the star system or leave a comment :p

Very Interesting, I've spoken to the brewery about this beer and they've given hints on the hopping schedule, as this is a single hop beer.
They focus a lot on whirlpool additions much like the CYBI Epic Pale Ale. They use a similar hop schedule. And the beer is actually 6%.
Haven't tried it yet, but I have an estimation of what a true clone of this beer would look like based on like Nicholas's information if you want me to post it?
But FairPlay it looks like a solid recipe none the less.

Very Interesting, I've spoken to the brewery about this beer and they've given hints on the hopping schedule, as this is a single hop beer.
They focus a lot on whirlpool additions much like the CYBI Epic Pale Ale. They use a similar hop schedule. And the beer is actually 6%.
Haven't tried it yet, but I have an estimation of what a true clone of this beer would look like based on like Nicholas's information if you want me to post it?
But FairPlay it looks like a solid recipe none the less.

Hey it actually isn't a single hop beer. Zythos is a blend of USA hops. The strong piney, citrusy profile points towards Simcoe/ Cascade, maybe even Citra/ Amarillo as well but certainly Simcoe.

Hey it actually isn't a single hop beer. Zythos is a blend of USA hops. The strong piney, citrusy profile points towards Simcoe/ Cascade, maybe even Citra/ Amarillo as well but certainly Simcoe.

Technically your correct, but given it is blened into one hop, it count as a single hop beer.

From what I've been told I beliece it is a blend of the C hops
Centennial Cascade, possibly Chinook. And I've also heard that they have Sorachi Ace blended in as well. (Nice Lemon Profile)

Back