Beer themed 30th Bday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocScott

Reaction score
Last weekend was my 30th Birthday and my wife threw a big surpise party for me. It was, of course, beer themed. She is not much of a beer drinker herself, which made this all the more impressive.

The menu was foods from around the world paired with beers from the countries represented (note: the Weyerbacher was actually served with dinner as it is from PA - the menu was corrected but I don't have a pic of it). She created the menu, asked my BIL for help with some of the beers to get, and had them brought in from guests from across NY/NJ depending on availability.

She bought tasting glasses, made flags for each country, printed beer trivia cards, made mini-beer buckets and cooked everything for the whole day. She even made custom coasters for the day. Had about 15 people over for the tastings and dinner. Even had a blind taste test of my DFH 90 min clone versus the real thing with my clone coming out the winner!

Thought I'd share with my friends on HBT as it was such a great day, and by far, my best birthday.

I relaxed the following day by brewing up an all Citra - 3F Zombie Dust inspired - IPA btw. Great weekend

menu.jpg

table.jpg

Back