Beerflights at Target?!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clonefan94

Reaction score
Found this in the Dollar section of our local Target store. Thought I would give a heads up for anyone in the market for their own beerflights.

I've been looking for something for a little while now and this fit the bill perfectly.

$3 for the wooden paddle
$1 for each glass.
So, $7 total. Seemed like a decent price.

Second picture has a shotglass in it for scale.

beerflight1.jpg

berflight2.jpg

Was it the glasses, the paddle or both at Target? I've been looking for sample glasses but can't find much locally, especially for $1.

Was it the glasses, the paddle or both at Target? I've been looking for sample glasses but can't find much locally, especially for $1.

All at Target, in the dollar section. The parts were all sold individually though. $3 for the paddle and $1 for each glass. No reason why you had to buy the whole set, but the parts were there if needed. I only have 3 beers on tap. I just mixed the amber and the pale to create a 4th for the picture. I think normally I'll put a few homemade pretzel rods in the 4th glass, as a palette cleanser.

I read the OP as beer fights at Target and now I leave the thread slightly embarrased and disappointed. :eek:

sweet. The title made me think they were doing flights at target!

Whole foods opened their in store beer bar, when I was living in NYC and man it was pretty sweet going grocery shopping with the wife.

Nice. SWMBO and I are probably going to stop by Target this afternoon. I'll take a peek and see if they're at ours.

I read the OP as beer fights at Target and now I leave the thread slightly embarrased and disappointed. :eek:

I can see how it's more than disappointing and I do apologize. Mind you though, I threw the "confused" internet punctuation in there with the "?!?" None the less, I still think it's a cool find. And for $7 a pretty decent bargain.

Yes, it's a good find. I'm not trying to diminish the value of your thread.

I was hoping to see a video of people fighting over the last 12 pack of Bud light at the Target. Pathetic, I know.

Yes, it's a good find. I'm not trying to diminish the value of your thread.

I was hoping to see a video of people fighting over the last 12 pack of Bud light at the Target. Pathetic, I know.

Well, I did manage to find a bomber of New Belgium's Ranger among the myriad of strewn about BMC cartons and cases. So hopefully things are improving. But like I said, that's why I threw in the ?!? Actually, that's why I threw in the ?!? I never expected to find anything, even slightly homebrew at target.

It's funny you posted this. I bought these yesterday. I had 6 but broke one while washing; it crashed against a Pyrex measuring cup.

image-3944216576.jpg

I've seen them, good deal.

The paddle looks like unfinished pine, I would probably hit with some kind of clear coat to protect a $3 paddle :p

I've seen them, good deal.

The paddle looks like unfinished pine, I would probably hit with some kind of clear coat to protect a $3 paddle :p

Yeah, some of them at my store looked finished, otheres looked far from it. I actually grabbed the ones with no finish on them and hit them with a sander quick, then put some linseed oil on them.

Very cool thanks for the heads up!!! Now I just hope they're at my local target!
Nice bar setup is this in your house? Nice!

thanks I have been looking to get some sample glasses. will have to check out my local target next chance i get

I've been unlucky in finding the paddles so far as I mentioned earlier. I think my wife found paddles in the $1 section where the glasses are. I thought she said they also were $1. If they are $3.. I may have to look elsewhere in the store?

HopSong said:
I've been unlucky in finding the paddles so far as I mentioned earlier. I think my wife found paddles in the $1 section where the glasses are. I thought she said they also were $1. If they are $3.. I may have to look elsewhere in the store?

Same here picked up 12 glasses paddles are no where to be found, checked the 2 closest stores to me. Also checked all thru the store also? Ill hit another store tomorrow

Funny, on our recent trip to Phoenix, we stopped at about 4-5 breweries. One of them served the tasters in 6 hole muffin tins. That was unique. Maybe not a classy presentation.. but, in a pub, it might be great. The tasters will have a more difficult time turning over if someone bumps into the server while bringing to a table.

Found about nine paddles at the store near work at lunch today, but no glasses. The paddle quality varies greatly from piece to piece, some are nice smooth holes and some are extremely rough with chunks missing and big knots in the wood. The holes look larger then the taster glasses I always get at the local brewery tours. Due to not finding glasses, I just bought one paddle and will check some other local Target stores for the glasses. I can always just use it as an outline template and make some of my own....

I picked up two paddles and 8 glasses Friday at my local Target. Unfortunately the glasses are bigger by a smidge than the holes in the paddles I picked up. Taking the paddles back this week which is probably best anyway considering the copius amount of cut-offs I have in my shop, I'm sure I can come up with a couple of nice hardwood paddles. :) BTW be careful with the glasses, they are thin and will break if not handled carefully as the gash in my right index finger proves..... Tried to break the plastic with my finger and the glass broke...duh..

Found this in the Dollar section of our local Target store. Thought I would give a heads up for anyone in the market for their own beerflights.

I've been looking for something for a little while now and this fit the bill perfectly.

$3 for the wooden paddle
$1 for each glass.
So, $7 total. Seemed like a decent price.

What's the diameter of the bottom of the glass?

I'll have to check when I get home.

Good luck with that I bought 12 glasses and the size of the base varies slightly. I made a paddle using a forester bit I had. 4 of the glasses fit all the others where slightly to big for the hole. Gonna have to buy the next size up bit next time I am at a hardware store.

What's the diameter of the bottom of the glass?

FYI - the base diameter is right at 2"... maybe 1 15/16th.

I bought a couple sets for kicks and to share, and found that one of the glasses was too big for the holes in that paddle. Was going to return it, but on a whim I checked a different paddle and it fit.

Quality control definitely an issue, but if the glass fits...

Good luck with that I bought 12 glasses and the size of the base varies slightly. I made a paddle using a forester bit I had. 4 of the glasses fit all the others where slightly to big for the hole. Gonna have to buy the next size up bit next time I am at a hardware store.

Yeah, sorry i hadn't posted back on this yet. They all seem to be around 2", but I emphasize "around". I still think, for $1, the glasses are a decent deal. the paddle was a nice start for me, and from what I hear, I lucked out getting one that holds all the glasses fine. Basically, I sanded it down and then rubbed some linseed oil on it. I've had no issues with it. It certainly wouldn't be hard to make your own, good paddles for this, which I might do some day soon, but my garage, is also my brew house and also my workshop, so I'm not really in the mood to pull out all the woodworking stuff right now.

Seems a lot of people aren't very happy with these on here, so I guess I apologize. Just seemed to me that for the price, this was worth posting for people.

The paddle I picked up doesn't fit any glasses in it lol. I don't really mind because I'm just going to use it for decoration.

Seems a lot of people aren't very happy with these on here, so I guess I apologize. Just seemed to me that for the price, this was worth posting for people.

No need to apologize at all, any potential deal is worth posting. For some folks, this is just what they're looking for. For me, it didn't turn out that way but I'm certainly not complaining.

Thanks for this post! Went to my local target and hit the mother load got 12 glasses and 3 boards.

They have these at my local target- the paddles are pretty unfinished. Overall quality is low but it would be great to have a few sets around for a fun party piece. I'm going to be buying/making a ton though, so I think I can get a similar/better deal and better quality from a major supplier.

To me though, it's cool that they even picked these up to sell in the store.

SWMBO picked me up a couple the other day, I have even opened them yet but will have to try and see how they all fit. But I agree with others for the cost not a bad deal, the last thing I need is another DIY project so these work for now!

Back