Chugger Pump Prongs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukez

Reaction score
Hey all,
Looking for a gut check here.
The cord on the chugger pump is a bit short to reach my panel so I decided to make a simple extension cord. Normally the hot wire is on the right side of the plug and the neutral on the left in every outlet, HOWEVER, on the chugger pump plug itself, they labelled their prongs the opposite way. The right prong has an "N" and the left prong has an "L". I'm assuming N is for neutral and L is for load?!?!
This is ass backwards to everything, should I assume that the cord is wrong here or should I wire my extension cord backwards lol

I would assume you should wire it normally. When you plug your chugger into the control panel, you have that outlet wired normally and the pump works fine.

The easiest way to determine which terminal to wire where is just to flip a coin and wire it up. As long as your ground wires are connected to each other, to the best of my knowledge, chigger and march pumps are not polar, meaning the motor will spin in the same direction no matter which direction the line and neutral wires are hooked up. Someone should check me, but I'm 96% certain this is true.

tyzippers said:
The easiest way to determine which terminal to wire where is just to flip a coin and wire it up. As long as your ground wires are connected to each other, to the best of my knowledge, chigger and march pumps are not polar, meaning the motor will spin in the same direction no matter which direction the line and neutral wires are hooked up. Someone should check me, but I'm 96% certain this is true.

+ one.

Back