What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me and the wife celebrating out first year of marriage at Samoset resort on the coast of Maine.

Brought some Maine beer co for the post champagne libations.

image-275144766.jpg

Ostomo517 said:
Is it good or just needlessly pushing the envelope?

Well it smells like hop pellets. When I took my first sip, it tasted like a normal nice ipa. Then out of nowhere the bitterness kept getting stronger and stronger until i was like wow thats crazy. To it me was interesting but I probably won't buy it again.

MrNic said:
Who did they're gonna stop carrying them?

It's a local sixer outlet and they tend to fade good beer out for tge local stewy $1 beer. Only a few of us drink a variety and one the variety is gone they move on to something else, which sometimes is not a bad thing!

I'm ruining my pallet super early with this:
Mikkeller 1000 ibu

I am going to Copenhagen for work a few times in the next few months, very much looking forward to going to their bar!

I'm dubious about the 1000 IBU though, I tried their "19" (the 19 hop one) and to be honest, I thought the hop flavours got lost in a general hoppy flavour. I prefer a more distinctive flavour - I thought their "Stateside IPA" was very good indeed.

NIZZLE said:
I'll take the stogie and the cutter :D

That cutter is one of my favorite toys! Last time I had this many Myrcenaries I sat on a huge shard of glass and enjoyed a drive with Gold Cross!

Drinking another pour of my Promised Land Stout.....

image-2508773951.jpg

to wash down my homemade orange chicken.

image-4263057968.jpg

Saki not sure how strong they are at a sushi bar but they made me do a 10 sec shot and then a
5 sec shot. I am making me some of this this is smooth as hell

NIZZLE said:
Just got back from bottle shop with this number and a little something for Wes. And drinking a dog in wheat frim Flying Dog brewery :)

I'm sorry, I don't smoke cigars......oh, you're saying the Zaison is for me. ;)
Is that a Maker's cigar?

The test batch of my SMaSH (Rahr Premium/Citra). It looks like a hoppy APA. It smells like a hoppy APA. It tastes like...a hoppy APA. In other words, it tastes delicious. It wasn't what I had in mind, because I was expecting plastic. It tastes perfect. Clarity is great, carbonation is properly good, and it will be finished conditioning next week.

The rye ale gets taste-tested shortly.

Back