The Evil Dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aiptasia

Reaction score
Saw the remake last night with the Wife and oldest Daughter. What a tedious piece of crap. 10x the gore, none of the heart or the humor of the original movies. Total lame suckfest.

No wonder Sam Raimi is pissed off and coming back to film another one. I'd be pissed, too.

I read it was funny. The reviewer said it was gory and slapstick.

Then again, what's the point of remaking it if it's going to be exactly the same..?? I could just pop the original in the DVD player and grab a bucket of popcorn.

Then again, what's the point of remaking it if it's going to be exactly the same..?? I could just pop the original in the DVD player and grab a bucket of popcorn.

That's what I did. Waiting for the DVD now.

that's the type of review i was hoping to see.

i still can't believe that they actually went and remade such a cult classic. they're butchering my childhood every remake.

Uhh Evil dead 2 maybe? same movie, better budget!

I haven't seen it (Evil Dead remake), but what I'm hearing is it is not worth the price of admission.

Will netflix the heck out of it though; crappy movie night here we come!

Heard its a total gorefest. I love the original so there is no way I'm not seeing this.

I was pretty wary of this movie so I haven't seen it and probably won't. Is it a remake of the first one or the second one or some kind of hybrid of both?

I don't know, but I would be happy with either.

My friends and I liked it. I am a big fan of the originals, too. I think it was the best modern horror remake I have seen.

Latest posts

Back