Bottling at day 20 compared to 21

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoopdogg315

Reaction score
I mean, really......

will it make a difference? day 21 is Saturday, the boss (Wifey) has somehow made plans that will take all day, Sunday is booked, going out of town Monday and Monday night...Tuesday will be the next availiable after work.

Will doing it Friday (day 20) be that big of a deal....???

Has more to do with whether your fermentation was complete. You could bottle on day 5 if your fermentation was done, but that's not advised.

If you have a hydrometer and really wanted to know if fermentation was done you could test and confirm. Chances are your fermentation is complete and I don't see any issues with doing one day early. On the other hand you could just let it sit longer if you are unsure. What did you brew?

Has more to do with whether your fermentation was complete. You could bottle on day 5 if your fermentation was done, but that's not advised.
not quite. fermentation (consumption of sugar) might be done, but that doesn't mean the clean up (consumption of fermentation by-products) is complete. you can bottle after 3 days of stable gravity readings, but you'll reduce your chances of having problems like diacetyl if you let the beer sit on the yeast for a week or two.

If you got the Northern Brewer kit it has an OG of 44. I say bottle it if you think fermentation went well!

Your analyzing this a bit too much. Bottle it and go toss back a couple cold ones when you are done. :)

Where'd you get the day 21 from? .... That's right, someone made it up. So... if you feel that bad about it carbonate for *22* days (you wild guy, you!) or you could bottle on day 24 (tuesday)...

Back