Stir plate magnet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooldood

Reaction score
Nothing to be proud of but.....

My home made stir plate kept kicking the magnet off the center and it would start bouncing around. I read NOT to use the bars with the raised nub in the center but that is all I had so I customized it.
This worked great. It is just a plastic disk I had laying around
I bet a plastic bottle cap would work just as good

photo.JPG

It is no Edison invention but it works. By giving the bar a nice flat base it stops it from bouncing.

That is exactly why I posted it. I figured it would it would save others the time of figuring out why their magnet won't play nice and stay put. ;)

I have also heard of others using o rings to keep them in place and quite the "chatter".

stir bar o ring.jpg

I don't have an issue wiht it kicking off but i have a real nice stirstarter plate. but as far as the clink, i love waking up in the middle of the night and grabbing a drink and hearing that puppy clinking/spinning in the flask. i like it almost as much as the bubbing when i keep the fermentors in my room in the winter :tank:

I don't have an issue with it kicking off but i have a real nice stirstarter plate. but as far as the clink, i love waking up in the middle of the night and grabbing a drink and hearing that puppy clinking/spinning in the flask. i like it almost as much as the bubbling when i keep the fermentors in my room in the winter :tank:

I also like both of them very much, the Mrs. is not as big of a fan. But she tolerates both of them more so than the smell of Apfelwein fermenting. :D

Cooldood, looking at the disk on your invention made me think of one of my favorite toys from year ago.

TracerGun.jpg

Mom's vacuum was never the same after I got one.

Back