Dropped my turkey baster into my 1-gallon carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woozy

Reaction score
Don't have a question.

Don't have a topic of conversation.

Just wanted to tell you guys that after discovering my new wine thief was too thick to fit through the neck of the carboy so I decided to try a baster and I manage to use it three times removing samples ounce by ounce before it slipped and fell in the carboy.

Somedays, it just doesn't pay to get out of bed.

Well, I don't have any answer or much of a convo either, but I will add that you will be fine with the thing in there. Just get it later, or leave it in there if it wont come out and sanitize it like normal, or break it out trying.

Not sure what kind of baster you have but mine has a rubber bulb that won't slip past a carboy mouth.

Brew on!

Don't have a question.

Don't have a topic of conversation.

Just wanted to tell you guys that after discovering my new wine thief was too thick to fit through the neck of the carboy so I decided to try a baster and I manage to use it three times removing samples ounce by ounce before it slipped and fell in the carboy.

Somedays, it just doesn't pay to get out of bed.

Plastic bulb. But wobbly contact. Comes apart easily. Annoying. I was really kind of annoyed that they wine thief wasn't the right size at all.

It'll come out easily enough when I bottle. But irritating.

Did the same thing a year ago with my Daddy's Angry IPA. As the same implies, it was cursed from the beginning. Turned out to be damn fine beer, all gremlins considered. Still haven't been able to get the hop stains out of the baster..... Cheers!

Plastic bulb. But wobbly contact. Comes apart easily. Annoying. I was really kind of annoyed that they wine thief wasn't the right size at all.

It'll come out easily enough when I bottle. But irritating.

The wine thief was the right size, it's your fermenter that is too small.:fro:

The wine thief was the right size, it's your fermenter that is too small.:fro:

All cosmic zen perspective shifting aside, no, as the thief had been bought specifically for the fermenter (all my other fermenters have spigots) it was too big. Annoying because I realized the auto-siphon I was going to buy was too big so I didn't buy it. Didn't apply my thinking to the thief.

I still maintain that the fermenter was too small, whatever size it was. More beer never seems to be a problem.:D

Back