It seems flat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonden3000

Reaction score
My coopers West has been carbonating for 2 weeks now. Today i tried one... I know i should wait but couldn't.

It tasted all right, but not Much sparkle. How Much more Will it gain over the next week or two?

Pratzie said:
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlBlnTfZ2iw

I've posted this a bunch of times for people with similar questions. I know it sucks waiting but ur better off. ur taste buds will thank u.

Cheers!

Watching you pour makes me cringe... Quite aggressive ;-) not a criticism just to be clear!

Great video though on why it pays to wait (not that I ever wait longer than 2 weeks to start drinking a batch) I regret it every time.

depending on the temp you are bottle conditioning at and many other conditions it can take a month or longer to fully carb up. Place the bottles in an area that is 70-75 degrees and dark. Wait a couple more weeks, place on the fridge for 24 hours then test one. If not fully carbed wait another couple weeks then try again :)

I had the same problem I waited another week what difference.

Nice vid.

Nice head. Mine has very, very little if any head. What about that. Will that evolve?

It'll get better. I have been using about 1 oz of corn sugar per gallon. First dissolved in sanitized water, added to bottling bucket before transferring the fermented beer onto it.

I store it at room temperature (70 deg F) and the head is great after two or three weeks. If stored at lower temps, it will take longer.

How much priming sugar are you using?

Here's a link that talks about the Cooper's carbonation drops - it very positive about them.

Sounds like an increase in temp and some time will solve it!

Back