Conical fermenter ???s

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trapae

Reaction score
So my wife (Irish, likes beer, scotch and wine, and enjoys brewing) wants to buy me a conical fermenator for my birthday. Since I don't have room for a fridge big enough to put it in I was thinking of going with the morebeer 7.5g with the temp controller. I was wondering if anyone has used this or any type of conical and what you think? Is it worth it? Better beer? Less oxidation/infection? Any cons?

Thanks, T

You are a very lucky man!!! Does your wife have a sister? Joke!!! I would love to hear reviews on this also!!!

Depends on what equipment you already have. i would make it low on priority list. It definitely is convenient, but does not impact beer quality that much. Fermentation temperature is more important and if you cannot get/build a fermentation chamber that will fit conical, then I would wait.

Wow a wife who enjoys beer and buys you expensive items to make said beer. Where do I trade my wife in for one of these models?!

For that kind of money, you might as well spend the extra $100 and get the 14 gallon model. And while I'd love to have it, I can think of a lot of brewing items I could spend the $1,800 on before I'd buy the conical.

Latest posts

Back