Monster Mill drill size question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flipadelphia

Reaction score
Hey all -

Just ordered a Monster Mill 2 2.0. Very excited!

We're going to set it up at my buddy's house and apparently he has a strong drill but only 3/8". From what I've read, MM's need a 1/2" drill size.

Is there any way to get a 3/8" drill to work on the MM or do we have to buy a new drill?

Thanks!

Haven't tried a 3/8" drill on mine. My main concern is the size of the shank for the mill. Will a 3/8" drill be too small to fit the shank into the chuck of the drill? I dunno. 1/2" drills aren't cheap, that's why I bought mine at Harbor Freight. Since it will only be used for the mill, I'd figure it would last a while.

Yeah I went with the Harbor Freight 1/2" heavy duty low rpm spade handle drill and it works great with my monster mill.

Unless you specifically ordered the 1/2" shaft, a 3/8" drill will work. I used a dual speed cordless for a while, but recently switched out to the Harbor Freight low speed, high torque-worth every penny. This drill is made for that mill.

image-668229382.jpg

Back