ZOMBIELAND (movie)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
I liked this movie.....a lot. But just now, I was like "pshew...that was pretty good....but does my discerning taste need a BETTER movie????...."

Opening GOD Damned credits and I am literally waving my pointer finger and my pinkie in the air.

SO MUCH STYLE.

All hail the nearly impossible balance between AWESOME HUMOR and BAD-ASSERY...

Seriously, I aM an Effing conniseur.......(despite the worst scene Bill Murray has EVER made.....) absolutely fantastic.

TWD cood lern a thing or 2;)

JESUS EFFING CHRIST

The old (still bad ass) METALLICA and AWESOME ZOMBIE SLOW-MO SCENES?????

Slo-mo is so hard to master, I have an almost "NEVER use it" rule. This not only uses it, but makes it AWESOME!!!!!!

Between Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead, I love the zombie movies that don't take themselves too seriously.

DUDE...

seriousy...i searched Shaun otd, AND IT DIDN'T EFFING CoME UP!!!!!!!!!

So I bought ZL.. I like your style!

The notations like "double tap" are effing EPIC!!!

SOTD it aint, but GOOD it is!!

:mug:

This movie is awesome, but doesn't come close to Super Troopers :)

suorangeguy said:
If you liked Shaun of the Dead watch Hot Fuzz. Similar humor and a few jokes that carry over... "Pub?"

For whatever reason, Hot Fuzz took me a couple more viewings to "get" than SOTD did, but now I like it almost as much. I haven't seen Paul, but I haven't heard very good things.

I didn't take the "pub...?" quote as a call-back joke so much as...you know, they're British. It's like institutionalized alcoholism ;)

Paul isn't in the same league at all. And whoever wrote it didn't even bother to look at a map of Wyoming, they get to towns in an hour that it takes six to get between.

Wait wait wait. We need to get back to zombie movies. You gotta watch Idle Hands. Awesome. And Zombieland. Always wear your seatbelt.

Just flashed back to Zland......

"That'll do pig, That'll do"

AWESOMENESS!!! Am I the only one to get that???

BABE is a FANTASTIC movie. Hilarious and tear jerking. When Farmer Hoggett and his dog "pig" win and his wife goes from about to have him committed to Tearfully realizing that he is not only sane, but an effing genius??

So Awesome.

on a whim I started reading Brains: a zombe memoir this weekend. I know its not a movie, but since we are talking zeds its pretty good. zombie apocalypse as told by a zombie who can think and write. Another book kinda on the zombie perspective was I, Zombie.

Books are work though. You have to supply the pictures.

I'm assuming at least one other person in this crowd has played the Dead Rising video games. I think one of the most memorable moments of any game I've played was in the first one, sitting around having some beers with friends. That moment when we first encountered the power auger and wondered aloud, "hey, do you think you can...? [*impales zombie and spins it around in the air as a weapon*] HOLY S**T! YES!!!" Please tell me that wasn't just me. :cross:

I got a lot of flashbacks of the goofy stuff we'd try in those games the first time I saw Zombieland.

on a whim I started reading Brains: a zombe memoir this weekend. I know its not a movie, but since we are talking zeds its pretty good. zombie apocalypse as told by a zombie who can think and write. Another book kinda on the zombie perspective was I, Zombie.

Books are work though. You have to supply the pictures.

What about Pride and Prejudice and Zombies? I see that one occasionally in bookstores and consider buying it, but never have. I don't know, I just have a feeling it wouldn't end up as funny as it sounds.

Back