Acceptable temp range?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arborman

Reaction score
What's an acceptable range of temp fluctuation during fermentation? I've brewed a mirror pond pale ale clone last week, and for the first week I've been able to hold the temp within one or two degrees of the recommended temp for that beer.

After the first week, is it crucial to hold at pinpoint temps as well, or can you be a bit more relaxed?

What's an acceptable range of temp fluctuation during fermentation? I've brewed a mirror pond pale ale clone last week, and for the first week I've been able to hold the temp within one or two degrees of the recommended temp for that beer.

After the first week, is it crucial to hold at pinpoint temps as well, or can you be a bit more relaxed?

It's not as crucial after the first week, but I'd still want to keep it within the optimal range for the yeast being used.

I typically begin at or near the low end, keep it there a week, then slowly raise the temp to a bit above the middle of the optimal range.

Back