First Fruit Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STLRAB

Reaction score
I am going to be brewing a Peach Wheat this weekend and am using puree for the first time. I know there are probably plenty of threads on this but I don't have time to research.

If I am not mistaken, I should let wort ferment out then add puree to secondary. My main question is what to do with secondary? Meaning, should I:

1) Add puree first then add beer with out stirring and let puree sit at bottom, I know oxygen is not my friend at this point.
2) Add puree then beer and GENTLY stir to mix puree into beer
3) Add beer first then puree, with or with out stirring

I understand that there will be another fermentation process with the fruit but wasn't sure if that would be enough to encorporate peach through out the beer.

Thank you all for you help!

Drinking:
Bavarian Bronze
OktoBier Fest
Orange Summer Ale
Lemon Summer Slammer

Fermenting:
none :(

On Deck:
Peach Wheat
Luck O' the Irish Stout (I know a little late to be brewing stout but it's my favorite and don't mind having one in the summer)

You will probably want to put your fruit in the secondary fermenter first, then siphon your beer on top of it. It should mix somewhat as it fills. Most likely the fruit will want to float. When finished, if you want, you can give it a gentle stir to get everything mixed together, but if you give the fruit and the beer plenty of alone time then it probably won't make a big difference whether you stir it or not; it will do what it wants to as soon as you seal it up (which will likely include floating fruit that may or may not sink after several days).

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back