adding yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littled630

Reaction score
When pitching the yeast should i pitch the yeast into the ferm bucket the pour the wort in, or pour the wort in and pitch the yeast spread over the top of the wort? Not sure if it really matters but thought i would ask.

Are we talking dry yeast or liquid? If liquid, I would let the yeast warm to room temp, transfer your beer into the bucket and aerate, sanitize the vial or pack and then pour it into the wort and then shake or stir it up with a sanitized spoon. If it is dry yeast, I would re-hydrate it per manufacturers instructions and then follow the rest of steps above with the re-hydrated slurry. HTH

Regardless of the yeast, rack it and mix it first, take an oG reading , then pitch the yeast.

K thats what i have been doing is pitching after pouring. Using coopers brewing yeast and my LHBS owner said to pitch it dry and a starter isnt needed because its a dry yeast.

So that would just be put it in water for a few minutes before adding it to the wort?

Latest posts

Back