Oatmeal Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amishbrewing

Reaction score
So my new adventure in making beer has been a sucess. I started this project March 2nd. I tasted my first one yesterday April 6th. I am very pleased after 5 weeks of anxiety and wondering how it turned out. A lot of second guessing was involved since I have brewed 2 more batches since. The Oatmeal Stout I made I bottled 2 weeks ago and Friday evening I placed one in the fridge for Saturday. I poured it into the glass and it gave a creamy colored head not too big and not too small. Looked at it in the glass, smelled it, then a small taste. I savored the taste of it and when I swallowed it I said WOW that was good. There was a slight chocolatly after taste with creamy undertones. A really good finish. Not too hoppy reminded me of a Guinnes. My neighbor even said it was really good. He paid me a "bottle deposit" for a sixer and will give them back in exchange for full ones. In no way am I looking to make money off of this but will not turn down a donation for the cause. I believe I will make this one again. It may turn out better the next time as I have figured it out a little more. If I did the readings correctly it is around 5.5%-6%. The Imperial Blonde Ale I bottled yesterday will be ready in two weeks should be around 7%-8%. Tastes a bit stronger than the oatmeal stout. But as of now I am very impressed and am angry with myself for not starting this 10 years ago. :ban::rockin:

Latest posts

Back