Hilarious craigslist ad

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CallsignMigs

Reaction score
Had to share this, but didn't know where to post it.

This guy is trying to sell untaxed wine on Craigslist, and he thinks his Carboys are worth half of the $300 asking price. Click on the link to see his crappy picture. This made my evening.

My question is, wouldn't the wine oxidize after such a long time in a PLASTIC carboy?

LINK: http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/bar/3725000061.html

"One is 6 Gal, one is 7!
This red wine is made with Shiraz aka Syrah red grapes ordered from Eastern Wa.,(Syrah or Shiraz is a dark-skinned grape grown throughout the world and used primarily to produce red wine. Whether sold as Syrah or Shiraz, these wines enjoy great popularity.)
home made with NO SODIUM METABISULFATE (so no red cheeks or headaches common with wine) soaked wood chips whilst fermenting for flavor, too,.
Fermented with beautiful citrus fruits (oranges) creative berry tea bags used for tannins, this tastes like an exceptional red Italian wine (according to my friends that drink) used all natural organic recipe, more like a cordial than red wine, as last I checked the alc % was over 18%!
This was aged in dark cool storage for the past 3 years, needs only to be fined, filtered and bottled!
I just don't have the time to finish it up, after having an extreme back injury.
The carboys are the plastic ones they sell at brewing stores(worth half what I am asking), much lighter, one of the bung water traps needs replaced as that floating piece fell out during transport when I took a corner.(under 5$)
My loss is definitely your gain!
360-550-5848

will trade for something that goes bang (for hunting) mmj(good quality Only) open to offers! Act fast!!

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests"

Latest posts

Back