Citrus flavors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jk80104

Reaction score
So I've brewed about 6 beers now and a couple of them seem to have a little citrus flavor to them. The last one is a Naked Blonde Ale, tastes great with a slight citrus flavor. The other 2 like that were an American Wheat and a Amber Ale. Any thoughts?

I am not sure I grasp what you are looking for.. Do you want to know where the flavors are coming from?

brewkinger said:
I am not sure I grasp what you are looking for.. Do you want to know where the flavors are coming from?

Yes. I'm not sure if its the ingredients or something I'm doing wrong. All have been extract kits. Sorry I'm really new to this brewing thing

Which hops were used? Off the top of my head more than likely used Cascade, Centenial, Citra, Amarillo.....

Don't get me wrong the beer is awesome and I'm stoked!!! I'm already addicted to brewing beer and I just wanna learn more about it

Don't get me wrong the beer is awesome and I'm stoked!!! I'm already addicted to brewing beer and I just wanna learn more about it

A lot of people aim for those citrus notes (why cascade, centennial, citra, amarillo, etc. are so popular). If you don't enjoy that particular set of flavors I would try the other noble hops which can give you floral, spice, etc. instead of citrus.

Wow!! Thanks everyone you guys rock!! Very helpful for sure. Thanks for that link as well

Back