Swamp tub with high temps + plastic bucket?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauvafr

Reaction score
Hi!

Suppose I raise the temp of my beer with an aquarium heater up to 90? No problem with plastic at this temp? My plastic bucket is very thin.. semi transparent one.

What do you think. Good practice?

beauvafr said:
Hi!

Suppose I raise the temp of my beer with an aquarium heater up to 90? No problem with plastic at this temp? My plastic bucket is very thin.. semi transparent one.

What do you think. Good practice?

I don't think it would be a problem but why are you raising the beer to 90? That's pretty extreme even for a crazy Belgian strain...

I don't think it would be a problem but why are you raising the beer to 90? That's pretty extreme even for a crazy Belgian strain...

It's a Belgian saison, and I am using Wyeast 3724! Currently at 63F, but I will probably have to raise it a lot to get a complete fermentation.

It's a Belgian saison, and I am using Wyeast 3724! Currently at 63F, but I will probably have to raise it a lot to get a complete fermentation.

Definitely heat it up. That yeast likes it hot. After the second day I start ramping the temp up. A couple of degrees in the morning and then nother couple in the evening until I get to 88-90.

I am at about 72 now and will be going about 2 degrees up each day until I reach 88.

My bucket floats in the big aquarium I just made... it's a small 3G batch into a bit 5G pail. So i hade to fix it with a rope!

Back