Condition in the keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlaDawg

Reaction score
Trying to figure out if I can carb my kegs up in the fridge and then take them out of the fridge to condition or would that not be good for the beer. When I put kegs in the fridge they seem to take at least a month until the green taste is gone. Then i have kegs i can't drink in the fridge. I have extra kegs to condition in but not an extra regulator to carbonate outside of the fridge.

Trying to figure out if I can carb my kegs up in the fridge and then take them out of the fridge to condition or would that not be good for the beer. When I put kegs in the fridge they seem to take at least a month until the green taste is gone. Then i have kegs i can't drink in the fridge. I have extra kegs to condition in but not an extra regulator to carbonate outside of the fridge.

Sure! You can do that. Or, you can fill the kegs, add priming sugar to carb it up, and then give it a blast of c02 to set the lid and then let it sit at room temperature for a couple of weeks to condition and carb up.

Then, when you move it to the kegerator, it can cold condition a bit and be ready to drink as soon as it's cold and a bit clearer.

Back