what should i expect?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

croakerj

Reaction score
Over a month ago I brewed what I thought was going to be an IPA, then OG came out at 1.095. I continued to be the problem by way under pitching a vial of wlp 001 (no starter mind you) it freaked out for 3 solid weeks. I let it settle another week and transferred it to a secondary to free up carboy and dry hop it. Its FG was 1.016, which I thought was nuts. It tasted a little sweet but not bad at transfer.
Will the long stressful fermentation give this IPA with a beard some funky flavors or am I just tripping out here.
I think I will call IPA with a beard cause I didn't plan and threw in way too many fermentables hence the 1.095 OG. It was meant to be a boy but now its a man.

sounds good! I think you can expect it to taste better, simply on account of you just leaving it alone for three weeks in primary. Most of the problems that new brewers have relate to them trying to mess with it too early so just leaving it alone will be better. I'm sure it will turn out fine!

Yeah, 5 weeks so far 2 of them in secondary. I think he is right about the hammered part too.

Either way its beer and I will not be able to drink more than two at a time

Definitely beer thanks to that workhorse California ale yeast. I am impressed.

Latest posts

Back