New Batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerlover556

Reaction score
Last night I finally purchased a glass jug with stopper and 3 piece airlock. Since I was unable to get my hands on Star san or One Step I used bleach and water solution to sanitize everything then I ran it all thru the dishwasher on Hi-Temp with no soap. I boiled my 100% not from concentrate apple juice adding about 1LB of brown sugar. Mixing my Redstar Champagne yeast in warm water as the package instructed I cooled my cider down before adding the yeast and setting it all up. This morning I still don't see any activity in my cider. No sign of fermentation at all. Did I mess up some how or could it just be dead yeast? and if it is can I just add another packet of yeast?

Step away from your fermenter. WAIT a little while. It may take 24-36 hours to see any activity - maybe longer if conditions aren't perfect. Being patient is a pain, but you need to develop that virtue. Just drink a beer or two and wait a couple of days. Chance are you'll be fine.

Haha i will definitely just wait than! Thank you for the advise. I was worried because my last batch practically blew up as soon as i added the yeast and because i used a differant this time i was stressing.

Latest posts

Back