Stupid DIY project that made me happy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davekippen

Reaction score
I bought a cheap-o utility sink from Menards when I started brewing about 1.5 years ago. It worked well until about a month ago when the cheap a** plastic faucet crapped out. They had replacements at the store but why would I replace a piece of crap.

so instead, I removed the faucet for good. I ran the hot and cold water lines (shared with the washer) into a second splitter (which actually combined the lines back together). I connected a coiled hose to that "combiner", and hung the hose from a hook in the rafters, and then attached a garden pistol sprayer to that. Its a total hack of what you might see in a commercial dish washing sink :D

Its so stupid but its going to make my life so much easier! I already was able to rinse out a corney keg sooooo much easier with the extended reach and power spray from the pistol sprayer.

Pic 1 is the splitter behind the washer. 2 is the "combiner" that brings the lines together. 3 is the coil hose and the sprayer.

IMAG1259.jpg

IMAG1261.jpg

IMAG1262.jpg

Not stupid at all. There are times I would trade a digit for a damn utility sink! And I will definitely rig a ghetto spray contraption when I get one!

Back