No Beer Coming out of Stout Faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J8D

Reaction score
A buddy and I just completed a kegerator build for a fellow jarhead who was in Afghanistan. We included a stout faucet.

He just got back last evening. When he went to go get a much deserved beer, he would get beer out of the stout faucet for like two seconds then it would slow to a drip.

The keg is commercial (some high end stout his wife paid way to much for) so already carbonated. He has the PSI set on 30. He is using nitrogen, CO2 mix. He is pulling the handle all the way forward. The check valve on the regulator is open. The beer line is not touching a cooling element/frozen.

My current guess is that the restrictor disk is too tight. However why would he get a little flow at the beginning and then just drips? Thanks!!!!

Sounds more like a gas feed problem to me, and the little amount of beer he's able to draw is self-propelled by virtue of the beer's carbonation (which is probably dropping with every pour)...

Cheers!

Back