Coors Batch 19

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patro

Reaction score
What do you guys think of Coors' pre-prohibition style lager? I think its a great
beer for 10.99 a 12-pack (9.50 for a sixer which didn't make sense.). Its got a lot more hop flavor than I expected. I also like Budweiser though (not bud light) so I'm wondering what the BMC hating crowd thinks.

I really like the 19...great Hersbrucker flavor to it. Liked it so much I went out and bought some Hersbrucker hops, and made a blonde with them. Gonna bottle it tomorrow.
As far as Bud...I personally think it sucks.

I thought it was rice and corn tasting with a bad hop taste. Not impressed at all. I was really hoping, but I think I'll stick to my ipa's.

moscoeb said:
I thought it was rice and corn tasting with a bad hop taste. Not impressed at all. I was really hoping, but I think I'll stick to my ipa's.

When I tasted 19, I really wanted an IPA but the bar had no craft beers. I ordered the Batch 19 because the alternatives were Bud, Bud Light and Miller Lite. I was relieved to find Batch 19 to be reasonably good...but no IPA, I agree.

Glad to see so many likes. I hope the big brewerys will continue making bolder beers, and hopefully converting some of the BMC crowd. I wasn't too big of a fan of black crown though. Batch 19 definitely isn't an IPA, and isn't trying to be. Just a more flavorful lager. Who knows maybe well see a Miller IPA next haha.

I'm pretty sure that Brooklyn's lager is pre-prohibition style and it has a great hop nose for a lager. Also, why would you drink a lager if you want an iPa, then judge the lager against IPAs? Apples to oranges.

Oh and I'm curious to try but haven't yet. I am sure that freshness is a key to having a good experience with this one, like Brooklyn.

edecambra said:
I'm pretty sure that Brooklyn's lager is pre-prohibition style and it has a great hop nose for a lager. Also, why would you drink a lager if you want an iPa, then judge the lager against IPAs? Apples to oranges.

Oh and I'm curious to try but haven't yet. I am sure that freshness is a key to having a good experience with this one, like Brooklyn.

I wasn't judging it against the IPA. I was simply letting people know that my opinion may be skewed because I prefer ipa's.

That is all. I am happy macros are trying, just still batch 19 is not my thing. Nothing against anyone who does like it or any other style or beer I don't like.

I enjoyed it. If I could pick it up for $10.99 a 12 pack I'd buy more of it, but in PA my options are $9-10 a 6er and around $32 a case and for that money there's a lot of better beers I can buy.

Back