Hop question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

46andbrew

Reaction score
I have 2 beer kits both a bells two hearted clone with all centennial hops. I want to brew one to the recipe and change the other. Just wondering what hops would go great with centennial hops.

46andbrew said:
I have 2 beer kits both a bells two hearted clone with all centennial hops. I want to brew one to the recipe and change the other. Just wondering what hops would go great with centennial hops.

Centinnal goes great with any of the "C" hops

Cascade, Columbus, Chinook, Citra

Amarillo and Simcoe too

My preference is cascade and Amarillo ...Bitter with centennial and late additions and dry hop with the others

Schumed said:
Centinnal goes great with any of the "C" hops

Cascade, Columbus, Chinook, Citra

Amarillo and Simcoe too

My preference is cascade and Amarillo ...Bitter with centennial and late additions and dry hop with the others

I agree. IMO centennial works awesome with Columbus and cascade. Also, a little experimentation never hurts, see what you like!

Thanks what do u guys think about adding grains of paradise to an ipa

I have used grains of paradise to an oatmeal ipa with citra and simcoe hops. Really added a pepper zest that had a lemon aroma to it. I didn't go too overboard with them but it really complimented a nice summer ipa.

46andbrew said:
Thanks what do u guys think about adding grains of paradise to an ipa

I think in an ipa you don't really need it, there are hops that lend themselves to the same flavors, Sorachi Ace comes to mind if you want a lemon flavor. I used some in a cucumber Saison I brewed, worked perfectly.

Back