Quick jao question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JTW628

Reaction score
I made my first batch jan 29 and it still is a little hazy but the fruit has dropped. Should I just wait until the end of this month (3rd month)? Worst case how long can I leave it in the jug without affecting flavor too badly? I know the wife wont try it unless its crystal clear.

You can rack it off the fruit/sediment now if you like and/or just park it somewhere with at least a 10F decrease for about 2 weeks and it should start to clear.

I have racked JAOM before. I know the original instructions say not to - but that seems to be the only way I can get it to clear.

I have racked JAOM before. I know the original instructions say not to - but that seems to be the only way I can get it to clear.
Nonsense. Just follow the instructions and it will clear......

The thing a lot of people learn at that stage is that bread yeast is a bit of a swine as it doesnt flocculate well and you only have to look at it wrongly to bring some sediment back into suspension.

Hence it can br racked once the fruit has dropped and then its often better to cold crash for a couple of days/a week the rack off to bottling bucket very, very carefully. ....

Back